Napoleonic Battles Documentation

Forum for the Napoleonic Battles games series
rahamy

Napoleonic Battles Documentation

Post by rahamy »

Thread to post feedback on the documentation that comes with the games. Critiques or request for clarification are fine. Not all requests will be able to be met likely, but all will be reviewed.

If you have feedback on a specific section please post it in the following format:

Document (ex. User Manual)
Section (ex. 4.2.3)
Details

We'll review this section over time and continue the refinement process for future updates.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
rahamy

Re: Napoleonic Battles Documentation

Post by rahamy »

These are the most current versions of the documentation, to go along with 4.05:

User Manual
user.zip
(4.55 MiB) Downloaded 93 times

Summary Info
npb.zip
(238.64 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

Scenario Editor
nwedit.zip
(1.76 MiB) Downloaded 65 times
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Erzhog Karl

Post by Erzhog Karl »

Many thanks for the current updates
Jakmin

Post by Jakmin »

Molte grazie
TWS Member Since 19 November 2020
chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

Plain Ian has posted a suggestion for fleshing out the wording of the threat disorder rules here: viewtopic.php?p=4547#p4547
Plain Ian

Post by Plain Ian »

Document: User Manual 4.05?
Section: 3. Dialogs
Details: I can't seem to see any discussion or clarification of the Auto DF Dialog? See below. Missing?

2023-03-19_20h44_58.png
2023-03-19_20h44_58.png (38.03 KiB) Viewed 1165 times

I can see that the default range setting on game start is Med range for artillery and Max (2 hexes?) for infantry. My understanding is that if Max is set for infantry then they will roll to see if they fire if an enemy unit moves/changes formation? within 2 hexes AND if it moves to 1 hex?

In my current game I'm not getting any Defensive fire by my non skirmisher units when enemy units move adjacent or assault? So the settings seem to be exclusive and not inclusive?
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

Send a game file into HelpDesk@wargameds.com to support the no defensive fire you are seeing. Define which game and version too please.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Plain Ian

Post by Plain Ian »

I think I know what the problem is. Me.

I think its because I have mixed hexes with Line and Skirmishers? When the skirmishers get pushed back they go to the top so are in front and the Line can't fire....but the skirmishers do?
Sir John Cope

Post by Sir John Cope »

One bit of feedback: The scenarios which come with the game are quite a morass, which no doubt is a reflection of enormous dedication in designing and modifying what's available over several versions of NRC, but as far I can tell there is no list or comprehensive description?

For instance, what is the difference between 012_Gorodetchna and 014_Gorodetchna? Examining them side by side, I can't see one.
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Plain Ian wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:40 am I think I know what the problem is. Me.

I think its because I have mixed hexes with Line and Skirmishers? When the skirmishers get pushed back they go to the top so are in front and the Line can't fire....but the skirmishers do?
Skirmishers on top do not prevent line behind them to fire.