15 Minute Standardized PDT

Forum for the Napoleonic Battles games series
rahamy

15 Minute Standardized PDT

Post by rahamy »

As mentioned in todays blog post, we're rolling out version 1 of the new Standardized PDT file for the 15 Minute Turn scenarios for the Napoleonic Battles series of games today. Use this thread to post your thoughts and ideas as you have them.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Isheach

Re: 15 Minute Standardized PDT

Post by Isheach »

I think it's probably better to have a total of 21 points of action than 14 points of action, because in several roads, it's almost always 1 point of action cost, which I think is weird. And I think 15 minutes of shooting should do more damage than 10 minutes of shooting, because 15 minutes of shooting is the same as 10 minutes of shooting, it always feels strange. Finally, I hope to combine the system of organization and strength. Otherwise, it is troublesome to look at organization first and then strength to find the number of people in a unit.
Ambrozy82

Post by Ambrozy82 »

Do you plan to roll out standarized PDT files for other titles? I am especially interested in Leipzig M15 scenarios. I must admit I’ve expected further standarization with 4.07 update (which is fabulous btw).
rahamy

Post by rahamy »

That's the plan, but have had a plethora of competing demands so haven't got to it thus far.
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Ambrozy82

Post by Ambrozy82 »

rahamy wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:55 pm That's the plan, but have had a plethora of competing demands so haven't got to it thus far.
Ok, thanks. I keep my fingers crossed for future updates! In the meantime I have upgraded my PDT for M15 Leipzig scenarios to make it as close to one used in Waterloo as possible. I don't want to play 10-min turns anymore, knowing that 15 mins is the default.
oz77

Post by oz77 »

Isheach wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:57 am I think it's probably better to have a total of 21 points of action than 14 points of action, because in several roads, it's almost always 1 point of action cost, which I think is weird. ....
+1 to this.
IMHO roads movement should be slower than pikes, and its hard to differentiate with 14 points.
Ambrozy82

Post by Ambrozy82 »

After playing using the new standarized 15 min PDT I also think it needs a correction to differentiate between roads and pikes. I agree that road movement should be slower. For my own custom PDT I have duplicated the movement points INF-20, CAV-32 as well as hex move costs. E.g. infantry in column has 20 movement points instead of 10. This allows me to differentiate between pikes and roads. Pike movement is 2, road movement 3, clear hex 4 etc.