SB WW2 MOD, and Squad Battles updates.

Forum for the Squad Battles games series
Warhorse

Re: SB WW2 MOD, and Squad Battles updates.

Post by Warhorse »

Strela wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:20 pm
Koldobika wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:46 am Fingers crossed for the ammo issue being sorted in the base game.

Did you copyright that idea? :lol:

It's really difficult to play the game when an MG42 behaves like a piece of celery after a few turns.
We have it sorted, and if you like using the editors you can modify the recovery rates by side in a scenario…

Also fire generally is more lethal… also configurable…
Am so excited about these new developments, WDS sure does go the extra mile! This series is my favorite, and has needed this exact treatment, sooo good to see it coming to fruition!
Live now, pay later...
All_American

Post by All_American »

SB:WW2 Mod with updated WDS graphics surely would be one of the best wargaming experiences of this year. Can't wait.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

All_American wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:16 pm SB:WW2 Mod with updated WDS graphics surely would be one of the best wargaming experiences of this year. Can't wait.
Thanks man!!
Live now, pay later...
Koldobika

Post by Koldobika »

Strela wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:20 pm
Koldobika wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:46 am Fingers crossed for the ammo issue being sorted in the base game.

Did you copyright that idea? :lol:

It's really difficult to play the game when an MG42 behaves like a piece of celery after a few turns.
We have it sorted, and if you like using the editors you can modify the recovery rates by side in a scenario…

Also fire generally is more lethal… also configurable…
Colour me excited.

I remember listening to a podcast interview with David where he said you had big plans for SB. The scale is perfect in my view and I can't think of many games with the fine control over weapons systems that we have here.

I'm particularly looking forward to the updated early war stuff. There's nothing quite like advancing on some poor french squads in 1940 :D
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Can't wait either!!
Live now, pay later...
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Well, due to a limitation of graphics being able to exceed a 40000 pixel width or height, my mod is effectively unable to ever be updated to the new engine, really sucks. My vehicle sheet would need at least 86200.
Live now, pay later...
Strela

Post by Strela »

Warhorse wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:29 pm Well, due to a limitation of graphics being able to exceed a 40000 pixel width or height, my mod is effectively unable to ever be updated to the new engine, really sucks. My vehicle sheet would need at least 86200.
Mike,

I have just written to you re this. Not certain what graphics program you are using but I can scale to what you need using Photoshop.
scaz

Post by scaz »

Warhorse wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:29 pm Well, due to a limitation of graphics being able to exceed a 40000 pixel width or height, my mod is effectively unable to ever be updated to the new engine, really sucks. My vehicle sheet would need at least 86200.
That's too bad. I've been playing your mod a lot lately and the only thing I would change is the way the vehicles are depicted. I like the top down view, but I'd like it a lot better if the vehicle's silhouette showed the facing.
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

scaz wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:26 pm
That's too bad. I've been playing your mod a lot lately and the only thing I would change is the way the vehicles are depicted. I like the top down view, but I'd like it a lot better if the vehicle's silhouette showed the facing.
Have got a workaround for the size dilemma, so going forward, thanks to David Freer! @scaz, if you have seen screenshots wds posted, facings are coming for guns and vehicles!!
Live now, pay later...
scaz

Post by scaz »

Awesome news warhorse!