SBWW2 MOD for Advance of the Reich

Forum to share all game modifications
Warhorse

Re: SBWW2 MOD for Advance of the Reich

Post by Warhorse »

Big Ivan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:18 pm Awesome Mike, thanks for the screenshot and background!!!
You're welcome, good times!
Live now, pay later...
tankfist45

Post by tankfist45 »

What do the icons for the AT guns look like in this mod? If you don't mind my asking

Since the mod covers the war from 35 to 45, it must have been a nightmare to make icons for all those guns, tanks, trucks, jeeps, and Halftracks!
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

They all have a top down picture to go with them, and yes, it was quite a chore to make all these! There are over 800 icons for the tanks and vehicles alone! You should download it and take a peek under the hood, it's free after all? Do you have Advance of the Reich?
Live now, pay later...
tankfist45

Post by tankfist45 »

Not yet. I was so busy messing around with all the demos on the store page in July that I missed the sale. And given that there are a few other games on here that I like, Campaign 1776 and the Civil War Battles series in general. I might have to wait until the next sale to scoop them up in one go.
AWNT

Post by AWNT »

Warhorse wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:42 am
Koldobika wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:28 am Looks incredible.

Am I right that this mod sorts out the issue where MGs lost effectiveness after a few bursts?
Yes it does, most weapons will not degrade over time, personally thought this was not right, having been in the Marines and firing beaucoup rounds downrange with the same weapon for four years. Some like notorious weapons recoilless, etc., Still do. Over 80+ scenarios and just about any weapon available included, am always working on more scenario ideas!

I agree the weapon effectiveness mechanic to simulate low ammo and wounded soldiers just doesn't work for me, turning guns like an MG42 into a pea shooter. I hope one day we get actual ammo amounts and a choose of ROF

Back to the faces I find for me it adds some personality and I imagine it's the face oi the main man in the squad. Like you don't like one face representing more than one man I'm not keen on seeing three men representing anything from 1 to 8 or 9 men. Now if we could have it so as a squad takes casualties less men appear on the counter now that would possibly swing me in top down Inf favour. I'm not keen actually on the original stock faces as they where pretty badly drawn however I mad e a mod awhile ago that's inline with the new faces being done which are a vast improvement. Again for me it just adds some personality\character to a unit.

ANyway I didn't know this mod sorted out the effectiveness silliness. This alone makes me go for the download.
AWNT

Post by AWNT »

Oh also with the face it never feels like your men are facing the wrong way.

One thing though I'm surprised that you only need to own one SB game and in effect you then get all the SB game releases..or are the scenarios totally different.
AWNT

Post by AWNT »

How would I go about changing my games inline with this mod regarding the weapon effectiveness changes?

Thanks
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

[quote=AWNT post_id=1627 time=1662687833 user_id=307

One thing though I'm surprised that you only need to own one SB game and in effect you then get all the SB game releases..or are the scenarios totally different.
[/quote]

Well, I did design it based on Advance of the Reich, so while there are Pacific theatre scenario's, banzai is not available, but didn't allow gor it either.

It has from Italo-Ethiopian battles in 1935, Hungarian-Czech border conflict, to 1945, with Russia and the Americans duking it out. Am always working on it as well, so more to come!
Live now, pay later...
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

AWNT wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:47 pm How would I go about changing my games inline with this mod regarding the weapon effectiveness changes?

Thanks
How do you mean, as far as play style or...?? I have found it much more challenging, can't just charge in taking no casualties. Fire and movement really comes into play.
Live now, pay later...
All_American

Post by All_American »

Loving this mod since last year, Mike. Easily my go-to Squad Battles content. Many thanks.