Order of publication

Forum for the Civil War Battles games series
rahamy

Order of publication

Post by rahamy »

It was asked on another forum what order the games were published in, so I thought I would post that answer here as well. When I have time I'll put together a concise list of all the battles covered and in which title they are featured as well:
  • Corinth
  • Ozark
  • Franklin
  • Gettysburg
  • Peninsula
  • Shiloh
  • Vicksburg
  • Atlanta
  • Chickamauga
  • Antietam
  • Chancellorsville
  • Overland
  • Petersburg
  • Shenandoah
  • Forgotten Campaigns
  • Demo
Rich Hamilton
WDS Operations Manager
Akmatov

Re: Order of publication

Post by Akmatov »

Interesting and the list of battles in the various releases will be very interesting, and useful.
RobearGWJ

Post by RobearGWJ »

I like how the order starts with a few "less common" battles/campaigns, then when it has it's feet under it John & Co shot out a bunch of the "big deal" ones that everyone wants and expects. Now we are back to the interesting smaller campaigns, sieges, mobile fights that like the first are less common in wargaming than Gettysburg or Chickamauga, but offer interesting situations and units and tactics to deal with them. Great stuff!
GMcClellan

Post by GMcClellan »

RobearGWJ wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:04 am I like how the order starts with a few "less common" battles/campaigns, then when it has it's feet under it John & Co shot out a bunch of the "big deal" ones that everyone wants and expects. Now we are back to the interesting smaller campaigns, sieges, mobile fights that like the first are less common in wargaming than Gettysburg or Chickamauga, but offer interesting situations and units and tactics to deal with them. Great stuff!
I think that was less "get feet under" and more that the Talonsoft games John had done were still recent and freely available, so Gettysburg was the first time he'd circled around and "redone" a battle in ACW. Likewise, Eckmuhl and not Waterloo in Napoleonics.
Scenario Designer: Midway, Kriegsmarine, Wolfpack, Seven Years War